The Go Summit: Local and Global Mission in the Diocese of Atlanta
If the old Diocesan Ministry Fair and the annual Global Mission Conference had a baby, it would be the Go Summit: Local and Global Mission in the Diocese of Atlanta. This conference will be held February 10 at the Cathedral of St. Philip. Collaborate with Bishop Robert C. Wright, Toxic Charity author Robert Lupton, and those in our diocese working on innovations in both local and global ministries. Please encourage those in your ministry with big ideas, dreams, frustrations, and questions to register and attend. Register here.
Afternoon breakout panel sessions will include:
- Congregational Connections in Cuba
- Partnership with Cape Coast, Ghana
- Freedom School 101
- Path to Shine 101
- Stories of Successful Community Ministries
- Local Ministry Innovations Showcase
- Identifying Assets for Racial Healing
- Addressing Immigration Issues in Your Worshipping Community
- Collaborating with the Community You Serve for Sustainability
You can make others aware of your ministry, organization, or idea by setting up a display at no charge on the tables provided in the Cathedral atrium. (Please indicate when you register if you'd like to have a display.) Advance registration is $30 per person and includes lunch and a printed copy of The Go Guide: 10 Steps for Innovations in Ministry from Luke 10 in your choice of English or Spanish.
- 8:30 – 9 a.m. Registration
- 9 – 9:15 a.m. Welcome and introductions
- 9:15 – 9:45 a.m. “Why GO!” with Bishop Robert Wright
- 9:45 – 10 a.m. Break
- 10 – 12:00 p.m. Toxic Charity author Robert Lupton
- 12 – 12:45 p.m. Lunch
- 12:45 – 1 p.m. Break
- 1 – 1:55 p.m. First-afternoon session
- 2:05 – 3 p.m. Second-afternoon session
The Cathedral of St. Philip | Saturday, February 10, 2018 | 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. | $30 per person | Register here.