What does an ER&D parish rep do?
- Visits the ER&D website (www.er-d.org); monthly is encouraged.
- Keeps information on ER&D available to the congregation.
- Disseminates information on ER&D disaster relief to appropriate people in the parish.
- Speaks to parish organizations such as the Brotherhood of St. Andrew, Episcopal Church Women and Daughters of the King about ER&D.
- Encourages parish and parishioners to support ER&D through Bishops Blend coffees and the "Gifts for Life" catalog.
- Sets up a display table for ER&D on a ministry-fair day in the parish. Some parishes decide to do an Alternative Gift Market Day for ER&D.
This is a ministry in which people are encouraged to support ERD. Each parish handles it a bit differently, and it is important to consult with your rector before proceeding. Janet Livingston, diocesan coordinator for Episcopal Relief and Development, furnishes a folder with information for each parish representative and serves as a resource so we can keep telling the good news about ERD. If you want to become involved in this ministry, contact Janet – and your rector.