Administration & Finance
- A Bridge from Congregation to College
- Application for Clergy Positions
- Checklist for Bishop Visitations
- Clergy Contact Update
- Code of Conduct for Pastoral Relationships Compliance Agreement
- Continuing Education Annual Reports
- Deacon Annual Report
- Deacon Request
- Diocesan Confirmation Service Checklist
- Lay Ministers Application
- Letters Dimissory Request
- License to Officiate Request
- Remarriage Petition Application
- Report of Licensed Clergy
- Search Readiness Assessment
- Sexual Misconduct Liability Insurance Certification
Confirmation Service Checklist
If your parish plans to participate in a Diocesan Confirmation service for Confirmation, Reception, and Reaffirmation at the Cathedral of St. Philip, please read and follow these instructions:
1. RSVP to email@example.com at least three weeks before the Confirmation Service. The name of your parish along with the number in your group is used to ensure there is sufficient seating for confirmands and sponsors.
2. Report to Child Hall. All receiving the sacrament of confirmation, reception, or reaffirmation, as well as their sponsors, should report to Child Hall no later than 45 minutes prior to the start of the service. The service usually starts at 4 p.m., so please be present by 3:15 p.m. The Bishop will also be available to sign certificates and registers at that time. Parishes will need to provide certificates. A template is provided here if you need one.
3. Please provide each candidate with a name tag. Each confirmand should wear a name tag with his or her name clearly printed in black ink. The name tag should have one of the following letters written on the bottom right-hand corner: C – confirm, R – receive, or A – re-affirm.
Note: There will be a reception immediately following the service in Child Hall. Child care will NOT be provided during the service.
4. Submit the Form. The form “Persons Presented for Confirmation, Reception, or Reaffirmation” must be submitted to the Bishop’s Office within two weeks after the Confirmation Service with details of all who received the sacrament of Confirmation, Reception, and Reaffirmation. The form can be completed here. This form is maintained in the Bishop’s office.
PARISH SERVICE: If you are having confirmations, receptions, reaffirmations in your own parish, please make sure you submit your bulletin to the Diocese a week in advance, follow the Bishop’s Customary, provide name tags (see above), and fill out the form “Persons Presented for Confirmation, Reception, or Reaffirmation” within two weeks after the service.